Friday, April 2, 2010

First thoughts

I'm not sure I even know where to start with this blog...  These plans first started to come to order around the beginning of January and have slowly (very slowly) taken shape from there.

This is, as is told by the title of this blog, a temporary adventure.  We will be back living in the states in time for Scooch to start school.  That will be long enough to hopefully fulfill Mr. R's contentment, and probably about as long as I can possibly stand to be that far away from my family.  When we do repatriate, we'll be planting ourselves firmly in the north.  Our goal: New York, upstate.  Reality: wherever Mr. R can find a good job that is within a few hours drive of my family.

 As is the way with all plans, these are subject to change.  I wouldn't say that we are for SURE moving until we have purchased plane tickets and have sent our belongings on their way. I'm a little nervous about the long plane trip with a toddler who doesn't like to sit still, ever.  And the time change.  Oh the time change.  An hour for Daylight Saving Time is bad enough; 4 hours should be...an adventure *grin*.

Mr. R has an amazing business opportunity with people he has previously worked with.  I will continue to stay home with Scooch and our rapidly growing new addition; as well as continue to work on my own little venture (more to come on that).

To start, we'll be living in beautiful Ilkley, which is north of London.  Mr. R will have a short commute to work and hopefully I'll be able to walk to the market, since I've heard the refrigerators over there are college-sized and I'll probably be making the trip several times a week.  I'm hoping that will help me work off the baby weight too; lots of walking. 

The purpose of this blog, is to (hopefully) eventually help others who are making the same transition.  There are a lot of questions I have about this adventure, and a lot of information is scattered all over the internet, or not there at all.  I plan to chronicle our times with the hopes that someone will find it helpful for them in the future.

So ready or not, here we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment