Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Great helpful document

I found a great document the other day online.  Unfortunately you have to pay for it, but so far it's been completely worth it.  The guy who wrote it talks about all the things you'll need to expect as far as fees, getting through customs, buying/renting a house/car, healthcare, etc.  He includes somewhat of a checklist of things to get done at different time intervals before you leave.  He even had a section about pregnancy and having a child in the UK which I especially appreciated.  Anyway, the document can be found here: How to Arrive and Thrive in the UK

I couldn't find any reviews of it online, but with his money-back guarantee I felt like I had nothing to lose in trying it out.  So far, as I said, I have not been disappointed.  It's 195 pages and has info on everything you can think of, and then some. 

One downside I have found but is easily corrected:  He has written the document for any nationality moving to the UK, not specifically Americans (dangit! *grin*).  So at one point he mentions that you need an international drivers license to drive over there.  This is not true for Americans.  It obviously won't hurt you to have one, but since we live in an English speaking country, our drivers license is good for one year, and it's very easy to convert it to a UK license when/if you choose to do so.  So, even though that one thing was questionable in his document, I was easily able to check up on it with the links he has included.  He has links to all the most up-to-date and trustworthy information. 

I give it an A so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment